Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Almost a year has passed and I completely forgot about this  blog.  My New Year's resolution is to try to keep it updated.

Where are we now after a year - getting there - and what do we still need to accomplish - A LOT!  That pretty much sums it up in a few words.  Occupational therapy has ceased due to not being able to get Matt to transition quick enough to start the therapy.  It would take almost 1/2 hour to get Matt to comply then we would only have about 15 minutes to complete therapy.  It was very stressful for me and untherapeutic for him.  Individual therapy has been doing good with Michelle (another new therapist as the previous one went out on maternity leave) as she also has a son on the spectrum so we get personal and professional advice from her.  Our goal is to start to implement social stories with Matt to assist him with his social skill deficits.  Matt has progressed in identifying emotions via pictures and utilizing words to express his current moods although he still needs to continue forward to avoid rages.  I have been listening to Total Transformations which are audio recordings that gives advice on how to change your child's behaviors.  It is mainly useful to help me understand why behaviors are happening.  I have been able to apply the methods to Matt's twin brother more than him but it is a starting point for me.  Be sure to follow this blog to keep updated and share how you have been able to help your child thru his struggles.  I will do my best to update and let you know what has helped and what has hindered our progress.  Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment