Thursday, September 2, 2010

First Week of School

Good start to the 2010-2011 school year.  First week is now out of the way.  My 12.5 ASD son seems to like all his classes and I hope to see him really challenged this year and excel like I never saw before.  I just can't believe he has entered the 7th grade -- WOW!  The summer was great - we continue to have a MT and just got reassigned a new Behavioral Therapist - just in time for the start of school.  M is finally doing better with his MT - transition is not as bad - this is after almost 3 months (12 visits - once a week).  Transition time has been almost a full hour before he would come to his senses.  The last 2 sessions he actually did not run and hide when she came to the door and both of them were able to get right to work within 15 minutes.  I believe it is a long process for the MT to really get to know a client when they first begin - especially when they only work with him once a week for about 1.5 hours.  Keeping my fingers crossed that the sessions continue well - hoping for success with the new Behavioral Therapist and wishing my lil' boy (well not really lil anymore - gosh he is gonna be a teenager in just a few months) has a very challenging and successful year in the 7th grade.  Oh, we signed papers yesterday to find alternative methods if their science class decides to dissect frogs or any other 'animal'.  Frogs are M's major obsession - and not when they are dead.  I do have to say it will be an interesting year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment